For every Indian citizen, it is mandatory to possess the Aadhar Card. This 12 digits unique number has been made mandatory for every citizen of the country by the government. It has quite a lot of importance and also provides you with a multitude of benefits. In order to enjoy all the perks of Aadhar card one needs to apply for it. Once you apply for your Aadhar card you will receive your acknowledgment slip with the help of which you can stay updated about your Aadhar card status. You can check your Aadhar card status both online and offline. All you need is your Aadhar card enrolment number. For the ones who are not very confident about the steps to check their Aadhar card status can take the help of this guide.
- 1 Aadhar Card Status Check Online
- 1.1 Check Aadhar Card Status by Enrollment Number
- 1.2 Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status by URN (Update Request Number)
- 1.3 How to Check Aadhar Card Status without Enrolment Number?
- 1.4 Checking Aadhar Card Update Status by India Post
- 1.5 How to Check Aadhar Card Status Without Acknowledgement Slip?
- 1.6 Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status by Mobile Number
Aadhar Card Status Check Online
There are multiple ways through which you can check your Aadhar card status. We have laid down the steps of each of the method in details. Go through the steps in order to get an idea.
Check Aadhar Card Status by Enrollment Number
One of the easiest ways of uidai gov check your aadhaar status by visit the official website of UIDAI. You don’t have to pay any fee or charges in order to check aadhar card status. Here are the steps to be followed.
- At first visit the official portal of UIDAI which is https://uidai.gov.in/.
- Navigate to the Aadhar enrolment section and click on the option ‘Check Aadhar Status.’
- A new page will open where you need to provide in the required details including your enrolment ID, security code and time and date of your enrolment. Once you have entered all the details correctly, hit the ‘Check Status’ option.
- If your Aadhar card has already generated you will be allowed to download it. You will also receive a message on your registered mobile number regarding the same.
- In order to download your eaadhar card, you need to hit the ‘Download Aadhar’ option. However, if you wish to receive your Aadhar on your registered mobile number, you need to click on the option ‘Get Aadhar on Mobile.’
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status by URN (Update Request Number)
You can check your Aadhar status both offline and online. In fact, you can also give a call to 1947 and inquire about your Aadhar card status. Here is what you have to in order to check your Aadhar status with URN.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI: https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/chcek-status.
- A new page will open where you need to enter your URN and Aadhar number.
- Now provide the security code and then click on the option ‘Get Status.’
- You will be shown your Aadhar status immediately.
- If your Aadhar card is already generated, you can download it and take a print out.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status without Enrolment Number?
It may happen that you may have lost your enrolment number or have forgotten it. There is no need for you to worry as you can still be able to check your Aadhar status online without using your enrolment number. Here is what you have to do.
- In order to get your enrolment number first, navigate to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid.
- Now choose the UID or EID option in order to get your details.
- Fill up the given boxes with the required details such as name, mobile number, and email. Also, enter the security code. An OTP will be delivered to your registered mobile number.
- Now enter the OTP in the given box and click on the ‘Verify OTP’ option.
- It will take up to a few seconds for your OTP to get verified. Once it is done, your Aadhar enrolment number will be delivered to your registered mobile number or email id.
- Now you can use the enrolment number in order to check your Aadhar status.
Checking Aadhar Card Update Status by India Post
UIDAI will dispatch your Aadhar card as soon as it is generated. It will be delivered to your registered address through postal service within a span of 60 to 90 days. In the meantime you can track or check your aadhar card status by following the steps given below.
- At first, you need to visit the official website of India Post.
- Next, you need to provide your details which you retrieved from the UIDAI website.
- You will be shown your Aadhar consignment details on the screen.
You can also track your Aadhar number at any branch of India post in order to check the delivery status.
How to Check Aadhar Card Status Without Acknowledgement Slip?
Once you get down with your verification process, you will receive an acknowledgment slip. However, if you misplace the slip for some reason you can still check your Aadhar status online.
- At first, you need to visit the official web portal of UIDAI.
- Now navigate to the ‘Aadhar Services’ link https://resident.uidai.gov.in/web/resident/find-uid-eid and click on it. This will direct to a new page.
- In the new page, you will find the option ‘Find EID/UID.’ Click on the option.
- You will be provided with two options. One is to find your lost enrolment number or aadhar number.
- Fill up the blanks with the required details like name, mobile number, and email id.
- Now enter the security code flashing on the screen.
- After entering the security code, hit on the ‘Get OTP’ option.
- You will receive the OTP either on your registered mobile number or email ID.
- Now enter the OTP in the given box and click on the ‘Verify OTP’ button.
- Your OTP will be verified which will hardly take you a few seconds. Your aadhar enrolment number will be delivered to you on your registered mobile number or email ID.
Steps to Check Aadhar Card Status by Mobile Number
You can also check your Aadhar card status through your mobile number as well. Here are the steps to be followed.
- Type in ‘UID Status’ along with your 14 digit enrolment number.
- Now you need to send the text to 51969.
- If your Aadhar card has already been generated, you will receive a text containing your Aadhar number.
- However, if your Aadhar is yet to be generated, you will be delivered a text regarding the status of your Aadhar card.
These are all the methods through which you can check the status of your Aadhar card. The steps are easy to follow and thus, anyone can follow it to check their Aadhar status. So if you are the impatient kind, you can follow any of the steps mentioned above and check the status of your Aadhar card.
A passionate writer, an avid reader, a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. He uses that curiosity combined with his experience to write. His love lies in everything artistic. He believes in first principle thinking and incorporates the same in his writing.