Since, the introduction of aadhar card, the government has made it mandatory for every citizen to possess an aadhar card. Without the possession of aadhar card, you will be exempted from enjoying the perks offered by the government. Other than that, it is also one of the most important documents that serve as proof of identity. If you haven’t applied for your aadhar card yet, you should do it now to avail all the perks and benefits associated with it.
In order to make things convenient for the people, UIDAI has made the application, distribution, and correction of aadhar card online. If you feel the need to update or correct your aadhar card, you can easily get it done online. You can correct your name, address, mobile number, email ID and date of birth on your aadhar card online. All you need to do is visit the official website of UIDAI and follow the instructions given. For the ones who are not very confident about the steps can take help from the guide given below.
- 1 What Details Can Be Updated/Corrected in the Aadhar Card Online?
- 1.1 Documents Required to Update Name in Aadhar Card
- 1.2 Document Required to Update Date of Birth in Aadhar
- 1.3 Document Required for Aadhar Card Address Change Online
- 1.4 How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online @uidai.gov.in
- 1.5 Update your Aadhaar Address Without Valid Proof
- 1.6 Important Things to Remember Before Updating Aadhar Card
- 1.7 Reasons Why Aadhar Card Update Request Gets Rejected
What Details Can Be Updated/Corrected in the Aadhar Card Online?
You cannot change all your details in aadhar card while updating it online. As per the latest instructions passed by the government, you can only change address in aadhar card online. In case, you want to update or correct the following details, you need to visit a nearby aadhar enrolment center.
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
Documents Required to Update Name in Aadhar Card
In order to update or correct your name in your aadhar card, you need to provide the required documents. The documents required include the following:
- PAN card
- PDS or ration card
- Voter ID card
- The photo ID card that is issued by the government
- Driving license
- Service photo ID cards issued by the PSU
- Photobank ATM card
- Pensioner photo card
- Photo credit card
- Freedom fighter photo card
- License of arms
- NREGS job card
- A photo ID card issued by a recognized educational institution
- Kisan photo passbook
- CGHS photo card
- Marriage certificate
- Name change certificate
- Photo card ECHS
- Residing address card containing the applicant’s photo and name issued by the Department of Posts
- A disability ID card or handicapped medical certificate
- Identity certificate containing the applicant’s photo on a letterhead issued by a tehsildar or gazetted officer
Document Required to Update Date of Birth in Aadhar
If you want to correct or update your date of birth in your aadhar card you will need the following supporting documents:
- Birth certificate
- SSLC book
- Birth certificate on letterhead issued by a gazetted officer or tehsildar
Document Required for Aadhar Card Address Change Online
Here is the list of the supporting documents required to correct or update your address in your aadhar card:
- Statement from the bank in which the applicant has an account
- Bank passbook
- Ration card
- Passbook or account statement from the post office
- Voter ID card
- Driving license
- Photo ID card which is issued by the government
- Insurance policy
- Credit card statement of last three months
- Property tax receipt of last three months
- Service photo ID card issued by the PSU
- Electricity bill for the last three months
- The water bill for the last three months
- Telephone bill for the last three months
- Letterhead signed by the bank
- NREGS job card
- Arms license
- Kisan passbook
- Pensioner card
- Freedom fighter card
- CGHS card
- ECHS card
- Signed letter and photo issued by a recognized educational institution on a letterhead
- Signed letter and photo on a letterhead of the company issued by the registered office
- Domicile and caste certificate issued by the government
- Gas bill of last three months
- Handicapped medical certificate
- Partner’s passport
- Parent’s passport for minors
- Photo and address issued by the Department of Posts
- Vehicle registration certificate
- Income tax assessment order
- Address certificate issued by a gazetted officer or MLA, MP or Tehsildar
- Address certificate issued by the village panchayat
- Registration agreement for rent, lease or sale of residential address of the applicant
So these are the supporting documents required to update or correct your aadhar card details. You need to make sure that you are providing the correct documents in order to validate your aadhar card update request.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online @uidai.gov.in
In order to change your aadhar card details online, you can follow the steps given below. The steps are elaborately explained so that you don’t face any problem while completing the process.
- At first, you need to visit the self-service Aadhar update portal.
- Click on the option ‘update your address online‘.
- If you already have valid address proof then, click to ‘Process to update address’.
- If you do not have valid address proof then, click on the option ‘request for address validation letter’.
- You will be redirected to a new page where you are required to enter your Aadhar number.
- Enter the text verification code shown on the screen and then click on the option ‘send OTP’. You can even select the option ‘enter TOTP’.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Enter the send OTP in the given box in order to log in to your Aadhar account.
- You can also make use of the TOTP feature in order to authenticate.
- Check the address option and then hit the ‘submit’ button.
- Now type in the residential address that is mentioned in the proof of address. Once you are done you can click on the option ‘submit update request’.
- If you want to modify your address click on the option ‘modify’.
- Check the declaration box and select the proceed button.
- You need to choose the document type that you want to submit as proof of address. This is required for the verification of your update request. Scan the copy of the documents and upload them. Once you are done select the submit button.
- Click on the option yes and then choose your BPO service provider in order to verify your details. Now click on the ‘submit’ button.
- The selected BPO service provider will now verify the details provided by you after which your request will be forwarded to UIDAI. Once your update request is accepted by the concerned authority you will receive an acknowledgment slip.
The acknowledgment receipt will contain the update request number. You need to keep your urn number safely as it will be required in the future for you to check your Aadhar update status. Once your Aadhar card is updated you can download your updated Aadhar card from the site and get a printout of the same.
Update your Aadhaar Address Without Valid Proof
In case, you do not have a valid address proof, you can still update your address in aadhar card. The government has introduced a new system called the ‘address validation letter’. This allows you to update your address in Aadhar card via a validator. The address printed in the validator’s aadhar card will be updated in your aadhar card once, you complete the process successfully. In case, you don’t know the steps you can go through the pointers given below.
3 Steps to Update Your Aadhaar Address Online
- Application made by the applicant
- Approval by the verifier
- Final submission by the applicant
Steps to Update Aadhar Card Address Online Without Address Proof
- At first, you need to visit the self-service Aadhar update portal.
- Next, you need to select the option ‘request for Aadhar validation letter‘.
- In the new page, you need to enter your 12-digit Aadhar number and then click on the option ‘send OTP’. Alternatively, you can also choose the option ‘enter TOTP’.
- In this step, you need to enter the address verifier’s aadhar number and then hit the ‘submit’ button.
- A message will be delivered to the registered mobile number of the verifier once your request is submitted.
- The verifier will receive a message containing the OTP along with the link to verify the applicant’s request.
- The verifier needs to select the link given in the message and log into the account.
- After logging in, the verifier needs to enter the OTP in the given box and then confirm the applicant’s request.
- Once the request of the applicant is approved by the verifier, a new message will be delivered to the applicant containing the SRN along with the link to submit an application.
- In this step, you need to enter the SRN and the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- After verifying the details click on the option ‘submit update request’ in order to complete the application process.
- After approval, the address of the verifier will be updated in the Aadhar card of the applicant.
Important Things to Remember Before Updating Aadhar Card
Here are some of the important things that you need to keep in mind while updating or correcting your aadhar card details.
- The changes that you want to make should be correct. Also, the supporting documents provided by you should be approved.
- You need to keep the URN number safe as it will be needed in the future to check your aadhar card update status.
- You need to fill in the required details in either local language or in English.
- In case, you don’t have a registered mobile number, you cannot update your aadhar card online. In that case, you need to opt for the offline method.
- You need to fill in all the details in the application form in capital letters.
- While typing the name of the holder you cannot use any designations or salutations.
- You need to fill in all the required details. You cannot leave the required details unattended.
- You need to send only the documents that are required along with the application form.
- The updated aadhar card will be delivered to the address mentioned in the aadhar card.
- You need to self-attest the photocopy of the documents provided by you.
Reasons Why Aadhar Card Update Request Gets Rejected
You should be informed that not all aadhar card requests are processed by UIDAI. They follow certain specific provisions to verify the details before, updating your aadhar card. They will only process your request when the prescribed conditions are fulfilled. Here are the conditions that need to be met:
- The application form should be properly filled and all the given field must be attended. It should not contain any wrong information.
- You also need to provide all the required documents that you have been asked for. The absence of any of the documents can get your correction or update request rejected.
- You need to self-attest each and every document provided by you.
- In case, the details in the application do not match the details in the attached documents, your update request will be rejected.
- Your aadhar card update or correction request may also be rejected in case, you do not provide the required documents.
In case, your aadhar card update request has been rejected, you can apply for it again. However, you need to make sure that you do not make any mistake this time. Also, you should provide all the documents that are required.
Updating your aadhar card details online is an easy process, provided that you follow the steps properly. Now that you know how to update your details in aadhar card, it should be easier for you to complete the process. Since aadhar card is an important document, you need to keep it updated. The government has made all the arrangements in order to make the process more convenient for the process. All you need is a computer and a good internet connection in order to complete the steps. Also, a registered mobile number in order to proceed with the steps.
A passionate writer, an avid reader, a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. He uses that curiosity combined with his experience to write. His love lies in everything artistic. He believes in first principle thinking and incorporates the same in his writing.