Aadhar card address update is a procedure to change your home address in Aadhar card online. Here are the steps and documents required for the same. For more details please visit uidai.gov.in official website portal.
Given the importance of Aadhar card, it is really important that you keep it updated. In case, you have any changes to make, for example, your address, make sure that you apply to update your Aadhar card.
If you are in need to change address in Aadhar card but are not sure of the steps to get it done, you can take help from the steps given below.
How to Update/Change Aadhar Card Address Online?
If you have recently moved into your new home, it is obvious that you have a new address. For this reason, you need to change address in Aadhar card. There can also be a printing error which you may need to change.
Having said that now let’s take a look at the steps given below.
- In order to change address in Aadhar card, you need to visit the UIDAI website.
- Now go to the Update Aadhar Details and click on the option Update your address online.
- A new page will open where you need to type in your aadhar number. Also, enter the security code shown on the screen.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter the OTP in the given box in order to log into your Aadhar account.
- Now select the Address Update option shown on the screen.
- Fill in the new address that you want on your Aadhar card. Before, you submit the form make sure that you check the form twice.
- After you are done click on the submit button on UIDAI official website.
- You will receive an Update Request Number which you need to keep safely for future reference.
- Now select the BPO service provider according to your choice and hit the submit button.
- In this step, you need to upload the supporting documents in order to validate your change.
- Download a copy of the acknowledgment slip and keep it with you.
You can also change mobile number in Aadhar card by following this guide.
What are the Documents Required?
There are many documents available to give for updating address on your Aadhar card.
Generally, Your another address proof like bank statement, electricity bill, passport, driving licence, gas receipt or any government issued address proof is required for updating Aadhar card address online.
In addition to that, after updating Aadhar address change request online you can track the status of Aadhar card online. After tracking status there is a option to download Aadhar card by various options like mobile number, name and date of birth, father name, Aadhaar number, Enrolment number etc.
Well, these are the steps that you need to follow in order to change your address in your Aadhar card. You can also update Photo in Aadhar card. The steps are really simple to follow. It is important that you keep your Aadhar card updated.
A passionate writer, an avid reader, a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. He uses that curiosity combined with his experience to write. His love lies in everything artistic. He believes in first principle thinking and incorporates the same in his writing.