If you wish to update/change mobile number in Aadhaar Card online, you are required to visit the Aadhaar enrolment centre. There have been instances when people have felt the need to change or update their mobile number on Aadhar card for example, your previous registered mobile number has been deactivated for some reason. In this case, you need to update your mobile number in Aadhar card.
Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
There are many cases where people have been enquiring about the procedure to change mobile number in Aadhaar card. For example, in case you lose your mobile phone or your registered mobile number have been deactivated. In these cases, you need to update your Aadhaar card with the new mobile number.
In case, you are not sure of the steps, you can take help from this instruction guide given below.
Steps to Change/Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- At first, you need to locate and visit an Aadhar enrolment center near you.
- Next thing you do is fill up the Aadhar update/correction form.
- Mention the correct mobile number in your Aadhar correction form.
- Now submit the form to the Aadhar executive present there.
- You will be charged a minimal amount of Rs 30 for the service.
- After you pay the required fee, you will be given an acknowledgment slip containing the update request number (URN).
- You can use the URN in order to check your Aadhar update status.
- It will take up to 90 days for your mobile number to be updated on the Aadhar’s database.
Also Read: Download Aadhar Without Mobile Number
Linking your mobile number to Aadhaar card is important so that you can avail the various services such as PAN card application, receiving OTPs, mobile re-verification, Umang app etc. Today we have shown you step by step instructions to Update/Change Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card Online. Hope that helps. Thankyou for reading
A passionate writer, an avid reader, a lifelong learner with an ongoing curiosity to learn new things. He uses that curiosity combined with his experience to write. His love lies in everything artistic. He believes in first principle thinking and incorporates the same in his writing.